How to evaluate a job offer?
1. To start with prioritize
3. The job factors :
2. Assess if this is what you really want and ask yourself if what you are looking for is realistic
According to Herzberg's Theory of Motivation, a person can be motivated either by motivating factors or hygiene factors and these determine whether or not that person is satisfied with her or his job.
If you are motivated by Hygiene factors, then ask yourself questions like:
* Will you be expected to work weekends and holidays? If yes, how often?
* What are the travel demands, if any?
* What drives the company deadline, quota or quality?
* What about environmental hazards such as noise, chemicals, ventilation?
* Are there emoluments for extra hours and travel? These factors can worsen an already stressful environment, so assess them.
* What sort of HR policies does the company follow?
* What are the perks and benefits?
* What are your boss and colleagues like?
On the other hand if you are driven by Motivating factors, then ask yourself:
* Will you get opportunities for growth?
* Are your responsibilities going to increase?
* What are the chances of promotion?
* What are the chances of getting recognition?
* Will it take you closer to a position of power, prestige and status?
SEE MORE & MORE>>
RELATED ARTICLES/ TOPICS
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR A JOB INTERVIEW?
- hOW TO GET THE JOB YOU WANT ?
- How to evaluate a job offer?
- How To CRACK interviews ?
- How to answer interview QUESTIONS?
- How TO ask questions to the interviewer ?
- How to prepare an attractive Curriculum Vitae (CV) ?
- How to prepare a Curriculum Vitae (CV) for FRESHERS ?
- Which Career should I choose to be successful in the near future as a professional?
- How to Handle Group Discussions ?
- How to Avoid those Interview Blues ?
- How to find a JOB IN INDIA ?