You are here : Home >Study abroad > United Kingdom> UK FAQ's




1.What qualifications can I obtain in Britain? 
The most popular qualifications offered by British institutions, from GCSEs to postgraduate degrees, are listed below.
· GCSE, SCE, AS and A-levels 
· Access or bridging courses 
· International Baccalaureate (IB) 
· City and Guilds 
· RSA examinations 
· Edexcel (formerly BTEC) and SQA (formerly SCOTVEC) 
· GNVQ and SVQ 
· Professional qualifications 
· Undergraduate degrees 
· Postgraduate degree

 Click to receive free info

2. Are there any benefits offered to international students while studying in UK?

Yes, There are 2 sources of benefit and they are
NHS: All international students studying in UK for the purpose of education for 6 months or more quality for free health care through the National Health Service.
NATIONAL UNION OF STUDENTS: Loads of discounts are negotiated on behalf of their student members on things like books, stationery, food, clothes, travel and entertainment. All students are entitled to free NUS membership.


3.Have I got the right qualifications to do the course I have chosen? 
Before applying for courses, you will need to find out about the course entry requirements. All UK institutions will require you to have a sufficient level of English language to follow your chosen courses 

4. Is it tough to get Visas?

Student visas are relatively easy to obtain. Most of the applicants from India who provide a confirmed offer from a UK University and evidence of financial support for tuition fees and living costs are issued visas.

5.What types of educational institutions are there in Britain? 
Once you have chosen the right course of study, you will next need to decide which University or college to attend.
There is a wide choice of educational institutions in Britain, often offering very similar courses. Before deciding on where to apply to, you must decide which type of institution will suit you best. This will partly depend on the level of qualification you hope to gain.
Post-school education in the UK is generally divided into further and higher education.
Higher education includes advanced courses of a standard similar, equal or higher than an undergraduate degree, including HNDs 
Further education describes other courses from basic numeracy and literacy up to pre-degree level 

6. Will I get refund if my Visa is refused?

If your visa is refused and you have paid a deposit to your institution for tuition fees you will receive a refund of the deposit when you send the institution a copy of your visa refusal letter from the High Commission. A few institutions deduct a small amount usually no more than 100 Pounds for processing the refund payment.

7.How long is the academic year? 
The academic year in Britain starts in September or October and finishes in June or July of the following year. In schools and colleges of further education, entry is possible in September or January (depending on the course). Higher education institutions normally only have one entry point, in September.

8. How can I finance my studies?

As compared to the cost of studying inyour home country only, going abroad can seem to be steeply expensive. However one must keep the possible returns in mind which are in the form of quality of education, international exposure and boost to ones career when evaluating the costs of studying abroad. A student can rely on sources like family funds, bank loans, scholarships, bursaries, sponsorships etc to provide for funds required by him.

9. How are the universities rated?

. British Universities do not have a formal ranking system but the government does take the responsibility to monitor and control the quality of education provided by each university through the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. The Government conducts a Research Assessment Exercise once in every 5 years. Which determine the level of research activity in a university department. The departments are graded as high as 5* and as low as 1. General League Tables prepared by newspapers like the Sunday Times and Financial Times can also be checked

10. What are the accommodation arrangements?

. Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students are guaranteed accommodation by many universities in their Halls of Residence, for at least their first year at the university provided they inform the university within the given deadlines.