You are here : Home > Studyhelpdesk > Examination Tips
These includes Stress-Busting studying & revision Tips
Get a normal night’s sleep before the examination date
- Reach exam centre early and relax or discuss with close friends
- Read the question paper and the instructions thoroughly. Mark the questions which you find you can answer.
- Ask the invigilator for clarifications, if any.
- Make a rough time scheme and decide how much time you should allot to each question.
- Leave 15 minutes at the end to review the answers and make corrections, as needed.
- Before you start on any particular question, make sure you understand it/interpret it correctly.
- Answer the easiest and shortest question first.
- Answers should be brief and conforming to what is asked in the question.
- Clearly understand the difference between the usages Define, Distinguish, Compare, List, Enumerate, Explain, Write short notes on, Differentiate, Sketch and explain etc.
- If you get stuck up , proceed to the next question and come back at the end if there is time.
- Leave a margin of 3 cm at the left side of the answer sheet, if there is no printed margin.
- Mark the question numbers clearly in the left margin.
- ORGANISE YOUR ANSWER SHEET: write legibly; use reasonably large size letters; don’t cram; space the lines reasonably apart; use a lined sheet below the answer sheet to ensure steady writing; use pen or dot pen with reasonably thick writing point; use blue black ink; do not use washable ink; use pencil and instruments for drawing figures, tables etc.
- Indicate your numerical answers clearly and with proper units
- Eg. Maximum stress = 23000 kN/mm2 …. Ans
- Re-read your paper and make corrections, if needed, before you hand over the paper.
- Never do any post mortem on examination till the last exam is over. Go home and prepare for the next examination.
How to Revise ?
How TO achieve Success ?
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TIME ?