Our members are our assets and we will never knowingly do anything to harm this trust. Any information given voluntarily to us by you is used to enhance your experience on our site, to provide you with interactive or personalized elements on the sites and to better prepare for future content based on your areas of interests. We gather this information to determine which areas are liked by our site members and which are not liked based on the traffic to those areas.
This policy may undergo revisions from time to time depending on the persisting online web scenario and hence you are requested to check this page timely to ensure that you are aware of the changes made to this policy.
This policy also has to read in tandem with our Disclaimer.
- Other Links /External:
- Using this website:
If you browse through this website read pages, or download information, without entering any personal data or creating an account with us , we will gather and store certain data about your visit automatically.. This data cannot identify you personally and cannot be linked back to you and in no way can harm your personal privacy & identity unless you choose to identify yourself. We have deployed Google Analytics software on this site to monitor site traffic. The site complies with the policies set by Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us.
- Posting to the forum
If you post a message on the site it is stored in a database. The pages then display information from the database so that others can read your post on the forums. This is how any dynamic site works, the text has to be stored somewhere so that it can be displayed.
- No Spam Pledge
We dislike spam as much as anyone else, and it is our intent to maintain the site and accompanying email subscription list a "spam-free" zone.
The information you provide to Edufive.com by subscribing to the newsletter, visiting our site, or sending us an email will never be sold, traded, bartered, or transferred in any other way.
- Email & Publishing of your articles on our pages:
- If You Send Us E-mail
We also use email links located on various places on the site that to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments. We read every message sent in and try to reply promptly.
The information you provide is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information.
When a reader submits an item for publication in the newsletter or on the site, most people want their name, occupation and Web site link published along with their article. We are happy to oblige. We will only consider requests for anonymous posts on a case-by-case basis. Frankly, we would rather prefer to publish articles and comments from people who are willing to identify themselves.
- Third Party Advertising/ Third Party Service Providers:
We use third party advertisement programs on Edufive.com to support our site. These advertisements may use technology such as cookies to serve ads based on your prior visits to our site. For example Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our site and/or other sites on the Internet. Users may opt out of the use of DART cookie by visiting advertising opt-out page.
These advertisement programs may collect information like your IP address, your ISP, Web browser and Operating System you used during your visit to site and whether you have flash installed. This information is generally used for ad-targeting purpose. That is, to display content, interest or geography relevant advertisements to you while you are visiting the site.
- What We collect on our site : ( with prior notification )
- Your name ( Only in feedback form, Forum, Newsletter Subscription )
- Your Contact Email ( Only in feedback form, Forum, Newsletter Subscription )
- Your interests and short biography ( Only in Forum – In case you provide us only)
- When a reader subscribes to Edufive.com’s Newsletter , we collect contact information such as name and email address.
- How do we use it: (So, what do we do with the information you provide? You ought to know this! )
- To keep record of registrations on Edufive.com forum
- To improve our website and services provided to you
- We occasionally send informative bulletin to those who have opted to receive emails from administrator/site
- To customize the content you see and to inform you about special offers, new products and other services which are offered completely free of cost
- To analyze web traffic trends to serve you better by understanding your needs (for example, it's important to know how much bandwidth the site uses so that we can purchase more if needed, if the "hits" to our site increase we need to pay more money for better hosting)
- To send you the issues of our newsletter( If you are subscribed to it ! )
- To help us make our site more useful to visitors like you
That’s all we do with the information.
We don't track what individual members read, but rather try to determine how well each page performs. This helps us continue to provide better services to you. We also use the information that is gathered to tailor the content to best suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our members.
We do store this information on our hosting service's computers and, hopefully, the information is properly backed-up.
If you want, you can quickly and permanently unsubscribe from our mailing list. You’ll find an unsubscribe option on every email we send to you. When you send an unsubscribe request, it is processed immediately by our list hosting service provider.
- Security of your information:
We are committed to keeping your information secure. We have employed software, electronic and managerial procedures to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
We have contracts with third parties to assist us with stuff we can’t do ourselves like hosting our site, Monitoring of our WebPages etc. We only provide third party service providers with the information necessary to carry out the service. Third party service providers are contractually prevented from using the information received from us for any purpose other than specified by us.
- Logged Files / Temporary files and Cookies
Our forum logs IP addresses and browser types for systems administration purposes. These logs will be analyzed to improve the value of the materials available on the site. A visitor’s session is, however, anonymous. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
- Visiting the site – If you are just visiting & browsing our pages then no cookies are used.
- Logging in - If you decide to use a cookie (this is done by checking the box that logs you in automatically) to save you logging in every time you visit Edufive.com Network, we place a little text file called a "cookie" on your hard drive. It sits in your web browser directory. A cookie lets us store your profile information on your computer and lets our web site retrieve it when you visit our site. No other web site can use or view the cookie set by Edufive.com Network. Cookies help us create a speedy web experience by remembering your user name and email information, so you don't have to re-type it when signing in. Cookies do not store personal information and we do not use them to track your movements through our site and you do not need cookies to use this site (you will simply have to log in at every visit) it's your personal choice.
- Spell Check - The spell check has the ability to learn from you. That means that if a word is consistently marked as a misspelled word (a member's name that is not in the dictionary for example) you can click the button "learn" in the spell checker and this word will be saved to a cookie so that it will not be marked as a misspelled word in the future. If you do not use this feature the Spell Checker does not use any cookies.
- Last, but Not the Least
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our commitment to your privacy please don't hesitate to contact us, there is nothing we know of that we can do to show more respect for your privacy but if you think there is let us know.
Revised: 08 /July /2011
aban / 08 July 2011
admin / 08 July 2011
Prepared / Checked by/
Approved by/ Date
All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
How Can I help edufive.com ?